I have officially signed up for my first book challenge (although, really, isn’t grad school one big book challenge?). I’m reading just 10, not 100; I know my limitations and time is one of them.
Here are my categories and a few of my proposed books. It’s like my own little syllabus for 2010.
1. Personal growth – The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (finished! it’s lovely – you all should read it)
2. Horror – The Ruins by Scott Smith (also finished!)
3. Texan author – Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center
4. Biography – Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
7. Book about social media – Trust Agents by Chris Brogan & Julien Smith (maybe, not sure yet)
8. Book about the environment or ecosystems
9. Non-fiction/true story
10. Women’s studies – A Jury of her Peers by Elaine Showalter
2009 was a great year for reading, wasn’t it? A challenge like this will start 2010 in the same direction. And who doesn’t love a good challenge?